FAN FRIDAY FEATURED BUILD BY CHRIS MCGINNIS
A New Year Dawns and with it a beautiful Friday!!! For this very first week of the New Year we have Chris McGinnis and his outstanding build!!! I’m going to take a moment to say we are so grateful for all of our Fan Friday builders, and that we are Fans of them for sure. It is a gift to be able to share an interest that brings awe of individuality, skills and creativity. Thank you. Chris exemplifies this example of individuality and creativeness in his build his pictures as well as his thoughtfulness of the stickers on his rig. You Rock Chris!!!!!
Names Chris, I’m from Alberta Canada. And here is my custom Axial racing SCX10. It started out as an RTR box stock rig, but after lots of hours building and dedication, along with a bit of patience, she’s now sporting tons of upgrades and homemade parts!
Here’s what’s inside:
- HotRacing full aluminum transmission case with Robinson racing steel gears
- Axial AE-2 ESC with homemade mounting plate
- “China brand” LED light kit
- Castle BEC
- Hitec 5646wp servo
- Using stock driveshaft as a “brake point” ( easy to change )
- Spektrum rx/tx
- Boomracing type G shocks
- Homemade wheel wells and floor pans made from Tupperware
Homemade aluminum bumpers front and rear, with fully functional tire carrier
Now let’s move on to the body and wheels!!
- Wheels are RC4WD steel stamped rims that I flipped and painted to match the body
- The body is sporting custom light up GPS and Gage cluster, along with rock lights, light pods and light bar
- 3D printed evil eye grill with custom fitted Yeti radiator, also added some wipers for that extra detail!
- Scale accessories by: Top shelf hobby
- Stickers by: homemade :), RC Hub, Sik rides, rc4acure, Bullrope, Freqeskinz and Axial
What’s next you ask!? You’ll have to tune in to find out! You can find me on many media sources, just look up Rustic4x4rc. Hope you all enjoyed this little read into my Axial SCX10 Jeep! Happy Rc’in everyone!!