FAN FRIDAY FEATURED BUILD BY WALT HOLLIDAY
Flying Friday, the week may have been long, but the weekend is approaching and Walt is powering us up with his sleeper car!
Walt’s build info:
The UDR was broken down from day one to be lubed, sealed, and rebuilt. She got DSM bearings and a TP 4070cm motor at 9000 watts of peak power using 8S voltages. The original builds ESC was an EZ RUN Max 6, however it had issues early on so it has since been replaced with a Max 5. The numbers translate to roughly 12.6 horsepower or about the same as a small riding lawn mower… I also rebuilt the UDR with most of the available aluminum parts that GPM has to offer. The list includes upper a-arms (required mod), lower A-arms, front steering links, servo saver and link, knuckles, HD steel front CVDs, upper rear shock bulkheads, rear axle bearing retainers, all four calipers, front and rear steel drive shafts (rear required mod), front and rear sway bar links and control arms, undercarriage plates x4, and a center diff case in the tranny. I also got the Afro Lucha lower trailing arms and the upper rear control arms are Metal Fab by Reed. A Savox 7.4v servo handles the turning. The rotors were replaced with unbranded aluminum from eBay. A 31 tooth pinion from Traxxas up from 27. No name spring steel (piano wire) 1/8″ diameter for upgraded sway bars front and rear (really helps with the inherent traction roll the vehicle exhibits stock). Maclan 40mm fan mounted above the TP motor provides some extra cooling. A Novak cap just in case power gets low… Shocks were filled with 60w all around and slaves with 70w all around. Front diff has 100k fluid in it, center has 1m (stock), and the rear is a spool (stock). Top speed on paper says 78MPH plus or minus. I haven’t seen it but 60 has happened for sure… All the extra parts added about 3lbs to the original builds total weight bringing it in at 15.4lbs, and I am currently considering a heavier weight oil in the slaves but other than that I’m planning on a lot of driving!